Saturday, August 26, 2006

Wenger insulted by Atletico bid

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is insulted by Atletico Madrid's offer of £8 million for Jose Antonio Reyes.

Reyes had been rumoured to be joining Real Madrid but they just don't seem interested in making a serious offer. Atletico obviously hold an interest in Reyes but Wenger considers their £8 million bid an insult.

It's no secret that Reyes wants to move to Spain, Wenger would be happy to let him leave aswell, for the right price that is. However, no club seem to be able to step up their offer so an unhappy Reyes looks very likely to be staying with Arsenal.

"I do not consider that an offer - I consider that an insult," said Wenger.

"I feel if a player wants to go and you get an agreement with the money you want, he goes - if you do not get that, he stays here.

"We will try to make him happy - but what can we do about the situation?

"When a player has a contract you need an agreement of three parties and you need an offer for a player and we have had no offer.

"I am not annoyed because I take care of the players who play and the players who do not play, what can I do?

"He wants to go Spain and we have no offer, what can I do about it?

"I can do nothing.

"It is like you wanting to marry Miss World and she does not want you. What can I do about it?

"I can try to help you, but if she does not want to marry you, what can I do?

"If you are not happy, what can I do about it? It is exactly the same.

"It is important that everybody is happy at the club - but there are other interests which are above that."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home