Saturday, August 26, 2006

When I joined Everton I said...

Everton striker Andrew Johnson is delighted to be back in the England side.

New boss Steve McClaren decided to call-up Johnson to the side, something that Sven Goran-Eriksson failed to do.

However, Johnson puts his call down to his Premiership move to Everton, a move he took because he thought it would be good for his international ambitions. Now the former Crystal Palace ace will have to prove himself in the Euro 2008 qualifiers if he wants to sustain a place in the squad.

"When I joined Everton I said that it would be good for my international ambitions and that's been proved right," said Johnson.

"Every player wants to represent his country and I am no different in that. I just hope that now I can actually play a part in the two games.

"I am happy with my form at Everton and I have to thank the lads who have made it very easy for me to settle in"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home