Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Saha - Selling Nistelrooy wasn't a good thing

Man Utd striker Louis Saha appears to be disappointed that Ruud van Nistelrooy was sold to Real Madrid.

Saha wasn't a regular started in the Man Utd team last season, that's mainly because Nistelrooy was hitting the back of the net so often.

However, after a bust-up at the training ground, Nistelrooy was dropped by Fergie and then later sold to Real Madrid.
"When you lose a player capable of scoring 40 goals in one season, I don't think that giving him to Real Madrid is a good thing, considering we will face them at one point or another," said Saha.

"It is true that his departure will certainly allow me to play a little bit more and I take Sir Alex Ferguson's trust as a compliment, but I have always done my best whether Ruud is there or not. Nothing has changed for me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home