Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I want to leave Arsenal

Arsenal midfielder Jose Antonio Reyes is edging closer to joining Atletico Madrid.

There has been much speculation for a couple of seasons now that Reyes is on his way to Spain. Real Madrid were the preference but Reyes would be happy to join Atletico.

Arsenal are rumoured to have already rejected a bid from Atletico because it was short of what they wanted, however, a bigger bid and Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger would be happy to accept.
"I want to leave Arsenal but not just to play anywhere - I do not want to lose my prestige," said Reyes to the Guardian.

"I am excited about the prospect of going to Atletico. They are building an exciting team.

3 Comments:

At 5:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

once he leaves people wont think arsenal dive around that much, i'd be happy with 10 mil.

 
At 5:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

will his rubber legs melt in the heat of Spain...
..personally I'll be glad to see the back of the paella faced spaniard..

 
At 6:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you still have Thiery Henry there which is a much talented diver.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home