Friday, August 25, 2006

Carrick talks about Man Utd start

Manchester United new-boy Michael Carrick has no regrets over getting stuck in and causing himself an injury.

Carrick admits he hasn't played a lot of football in pre-season, just two games and within the second he got injured.

Now the defensive midfielder has something to build on and will train for the next few days, but after that, it's up to boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

"I have not played a lot of football in pre-season," said Carrick to BBC Radio Manchester.

"I had one game, then got injured in the second.

"At least I have given myself something to build on now. I will train for the next few days, but after that, it depends on what the manager wants.

"The injury has improved pretty quickly.

"It has felt fine in the last few days, so we just thought 'Why not?'

"I wanted to get on the pitch sooner rather than later and it is good to get that first game out of the way."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home