Friday, August 25, 2006

Arsenal - Henry not ready

Arsenal captain Thierry Henry feels that he is not fit enough yet.

It hadn't been the best pre-season for Henry because he hadn't had much time to recover after featuring in the World Cup final.

Now after only having 10 or 12 days of work he isn't finding it easier stepping back up to the top level.

Arsenal will be hoping Henry can rediscover his fitness very soon to help them out in their Premiership campaign.

"The body is not quite ready yet," said Henry.

"I would love it to be tomorrow - but I have to take it slowly and if I can go out there and help the team, I will.

"It is not that easy when you have only had 10 or 12 days of work and you go into the championship.

"I hope it (full fitness) can be as quickly as possible.

"Normally when you come back in pre-season you have played the likes of Barnet - and I struggle sometimes, even when playing Barnet.

"You have to prepare yourself for competitive games, and usually it takes a month or a month and a half to get going."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home