Friday, August 25, 2006

Mendes: The moment was terrible

After a horrific challenge from Man City defender Ben Thatcher, Pedro Mendes has spoken about the moment.

The Portsmouth ace was knocked down and out as his head crashed against the fence after Thatcher slung is arm into his face.

Mendes reveals he couldn't even remember anything from then until he got to the hospital, admitting that the moment was terrible.

Now the FA are set to take action and Mendes will speak over the incident if needed.

"The moment was terrible," said Mendes to the Daily Mail.

"After the incident my head crashed into the fence and I do not remember anything after that until I was in hospital.

"At first I had real fears about possible after-effects of the incident but the doctors told me they are optimistic I will be okay.

"I am a strong person and one day I hope to forget what happened.

"But this is the worst thing that ever happened to me in my career. It is the hardest to deal with.

"The tackle was totally unnecessary by Thatcher but I am not the referee and the decision from now on does not depend on me.

"As far as I am concerned this match is finished for me now and we move on.

"Now this subject is in the hands of Portsmouth and the FA. If I am called by them to speak then I will give my opinion."

1 Comments:

At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For a challenge like that or should i say (assault) thatcher should be given a life ban from proffesional football, there's no room in the game for things like that anywhere especially a league like the EPL, all the best to mendes and hopefully he will make a full recovery the officials for this game must have been as blind as the ones for spurs - man USA when mendes scored that famous GOAL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home