Monday, September 04, 2006

Defoe frustrated with Tottenham situation

Jermaine Defoe has admitted his on-going frustrations at not being a regular feature in the Tottenham starting line-up.

After scoring for England and putting in a very impressive performances, Defoe has given his best shot and there's not much else he could do to command a decent role at club level.

However, Defoe is going to get his head down and let the football do the talking rather than speak to boss Martin Jol.
"It's frustrating, but it's the manager who picks the team," said Defoe.

"I played against Bolton, but that was a disappointing game.

"Hopefully, I can go back and get in the team now.

"It has been difficult, especially last season when there were times when I thought I would have to speak to the manager, but I suppose I've just got to let my football do the talking.

"Every time I train and every time I play, I've just got to prove that I should be in the team."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home