Monday, September 04, 2006

Gallas makes Chelsea feelings known

Former Chelsea defender William Gallas has criticised former boss Jose Mourinho.

Now having joined Arsenal in a deal which saw Ashley Cole head the over way, Gallas feels relived.

The France international had been phased out at Chelsea and appeared to be on very bad terms with Mourinho. Gallas feels that the gaffer was fickle with his players and the same thing that's happened to him happened to Del Horno also.
"I wanted to leave Chelsea and Arsenal was the perfect club for me. They wanted me, they are a team going for all the honours, and I am very happy in London and I have a lot of friends here," said Gallas to The People.

"I am happy that I have joined Arsenal. I'm sure I will be treated better by their coaching staff than I have been by Mourinho in the last year. I wish Cole luck and I hope he has the patience to put up with his manager.

"Mourinho is a good trainer but he is fickle with his players. What has happened to me has happened in the past to Ricardo Carvalho, Mateja Kezman, Paulo Ferreira, Asier Del Horno and Hernan Crespo.

"He uses us for his convenience. In the past few years I have had offers from Italy and Spain but I stayed loyal to Chelsea.

"But this has counted for nothing with Mourinho and that is sad. Mourinho has pressured me constantly as if he wanted to get the press and the fans against me.

"I don't understand it. In the dressing room my team-mates have been supportive but Mourinho is the boss and so nobody has spoken out for me.

"In football terms, Chelsea were great for me because I won things there but it was if I had become a nuisance for Mourinho and I don't understand why."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home