Monday, August 28, 2006

Roeder to make defender move

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder has revealed that the club are looking to bring in a new defender before the transfer window closes on Thursday.

Jean-Alain Boumson was recently sold to Juventus and now Newcastle need to fill the gap that he has left. Roeder insists the squad still needs to be strengthened and if he gets what he wants then he shall be happy.

There has been speculation that Jonathan Woodgate will be available on loan for a season. That wouldn't be a bad move for Newcastle at all.
"With Jean-Alain Boumsong having left the club, that's an area of the team that I hope we can strengthen before Thursday," said Roeder to the Newcastle Journal.

"We still need to strengthen the squad a bit more before the window closes and, if I can get what I want, I will be happy to attack the rest of the season with this squad.

"If I can get the three players I want, I will take my chances and be very pleased. Until the ink dries on a contract, you never know, but I think we are in pole position with them."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home